10. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as listed below:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a Legitimate Interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Please email us on email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of receipt of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer, if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. Where you are sending us a request via post rather than email, we recommend you send it via recorded delivery to guarantee safe delivery.
ICO, DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 GDPR
We adhere to the following principles:
- access to your information is restricted to our relevant trained staff only;
- where any hard copies are created, the hard copies of your information and confidential documents are kept securely under lock and key.
We have registered with the ICO and adhere to the following principles:
- All our relevant employees have received training in how to handle your information. This includes ensuring they are aware of the importance of handling your information safely and securely, and that they understand the procedures in place to ensure this happens.
- We will periodically evaluate our database and securely delete any contacts no longer engaged or any information no longer needed by us.
- We have measures in place to keep your information we hold safe and secure.
- All personal information is transferred by secure email to secure servers on site to which access is only granted to key personnel. Where your information is downloaded to be updated, and as a backup to the cloud, it is only stored on personal drives, only accessible via individual log in.
Nothing herein contained shall give rise to a partnership or a contract of employment between you and us.
No waiver or affirmation of any breach of or non-compliance with any term hereof by the parties shall be deemed to be a waiver or affirmation of any preceding or succeeding breach of or non-compliance with the same or any other term.
If you wish to learn more information or have a question about your personal data or Cookies please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of your question in the email header.